The Haybinders Arms, Westcott (circa 1900)
On the left of the photo is Maggie Dennis and on the right, her mother Ann. They were the licensees (Ann’s husband had just died) and it was known as a Beer House. They also took in lodgers. Maggie’s future husband lodged there whilst working on the local railway and when they married they moved to Waddesdon to run a coal business.
Haybinders was first licensed in 1858 and on 8th June 1934 it burnt to the ground.